|Scientific Name||Ailurus fulgens|
|Size||Head and body: 50.8 cm – 66 cm|
|Weight||5.4 – 9 kg|
|Conservation status||Least concern > Near threatened >|
Vulnerable > Endangered >
Critically endangered > Extinct in the wild >
Red pandas are small animals that measure around sixty centimeters. They can be found in South and East Asia up in trees asleep. Their diet contains roots, fruits, eggs, bamboo, and acorns and their territories are marked with their urine.
This panda species have many predators. One of them is the leopard. The panda might climb a tree to get away if it’s feeling threatened. Besides their natural predators, they also have to watch for humans, as they might hunt them. Sometimes, they get trapped in traps which were for other animals.
Usually, red pandas are solitary animals. Their mating behavior is polygynandry, meaning both males and females mate with multiple partners during the breeding season, which is in the winter. Gestation lasts 112 – 158 days, and birth is given to one to four cubs in the spring and summer. They become sexually mature in two to three years.
Thank you for reading this article.
But now, we realize that the cocaine hippos also cause harm – Apart from that, they are also changing the water quality – The scariest part is that the government failed to stop their population from growing
Cheetahs are well known for their speed and can be found in Africa’s savannahs and deserts. It is the only big cat that has no ability to roar…
There are three classes of honeybees: the queen, the workers, and the drones. Most often, a single queen is living in the hive and it lays eggs for new bees to be born…
- Red Panda on Wikipedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda
- Damilola A., 2020, Red Panda on The Tarpan – https://thetarpan.com/red-panda/
- Red Panda on National Geographic – https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/r/red-panda/
- Red Panda on WWF – https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/red-panda
- Red Panda on Animalia.bio – http://animalia.bio/red-panda
- Archarya K., 2018, Pervasive human disturbance on habitats of endangered red panda Ailurus fulgens in the central Himalaya on ResearchGate – https://www.researchgate.net/publication/326680193_Pervasive_human_disturbance_on_habitats_of_endangered_red_panda_Ailurus_fulgens_in_the_central_Himalaya